- This event has passed.
A TiLT Webinar with Dr Wes Fryer: “Lesson Ideas and Tips for Language Teachers using Scratch, Minecraft and more!”
April 24 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
ALL London organises webinars for the MFL community and this webinar, held in a Zoom room and also viewable on an unlisted YouTube stream, is open to all MFL teachers. We hope that you will like us and want to join!
We thank Joe Dale for co-ordinating the TiLT (Technology in Language Teaching) series of webinars, bringing together teachers who are interested in developing their use of technology in their teaching. As well as enhancing our skills, we also get to meet other ‘keenies’ from across the globe, and can get to know each other informally by chatting before, during and after the webinar.
We also thank the presenters, who give freely of their time and expertise. Where possible, most sessions are recorded and available for viewing later.
Dr. Wes Fryer will share a variety of lesson strategies and instructional ideas for language teachers in this engaging webinar. These will include ideas for using block based programming in “Scratch” for student-created ‘dialog projects,’ using the free platform “Loom” for Movie Talks, and using http://Floorplanner.com for creating labeled house designs. In addition, ideas for using Minecraft Education Edition for language design and scavenger hunt projects, and techniques for creating and sharing simple “finger puppet dialog projects” will be highlighted.
Dr. Wesley Fryer (@wfryer) is an outstanding teacher, visionary educator, author and sought-after conference speaker. Wes shares dynamic, inspiring, engaging and practical keynotes, workshops, and other presentations (including videoconferences) for educators, librarians, school administrators, and community leaders around the United States and in other countries. He is the author of several books on multimedia, technology integration and coding. Wes’ presentations and advocacy efforts focus on how students can “show what they know with media,” digital literacy, media literacy digital storytelling, and authentic/differentiated assessment strategies. He is the Technology Integration and Innovation Specialist at Casady School in Oklahoma City. In that capacity, Wes also teaches 5th and 6th grade Digital Literacy / Media Literacy classes and co-leads Casady’s Digital Citizenship Team.
Don’t forget to join ALL or renew your membership to ensure you have access to all the great member benefits! https://www.all-languages.org.uk/join/
- Through registering you will receive a link to the Zoom room and an unlisted YouTube stream. This must not be shared with others.
- Please register with your full name and note that you must enter the zoom room with your full name which will be visible to all in the chat. The webinar is streamed on YouTube, so if you so not wish to share your full name in the Zoom room, you are able to follow anonymously.
- Registrations close 60 minutes before the start of the event.
- Please download the latest version of the Zoom client for the best experience: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- Please read the Webinar page of our website for more information about how to join a Webinar. In particular, please read our etiquette on participating in a webinar: http://www.all-london.org.uk/site/index.php/webinars/webinar-information/
We look forward to seeing you!
Joe Dale generously organises these webinars for us ‘for free’. He makes a paid living by supporting teachers. To find out what he can offer, please contact him.